Sunday, February 21, 2010

Sad and more than a little frustrated ...

I generally like to think of myself as a nice person.  I mean, doesn't everyone think that they're a nice person?  Being part of the Twilight fandom, I've been very lucky to meet a LOT of very nice people who have been lovely.  And what do nice people do?  We share, we include.  Like our favorite fan fictions, pictures, etc.  So when I was asked on a Facebook page of a very popular Twific (no, I'm not telling you which one) if anyone had a copy of this certain fic, I spoke up.  I said, sure, I'll email you a copy, no problem.

But ... there *was* a problem.

Apparently, this person that I innocently sent a copy of the story, sent it on.

And on.

And on.

And so I hopped on the computer today to check my email, and got an email from the author of the Twific.  Who is not really happy with *me* right now.

Seriously, I could freakin' cry right now, I'm so upset.  This author is probably my favorite one out there, and her fic is practically legendary among Twilight fanfiction.  And she probably hates my guts, thinking I'm this horrible person who just goes and passes stuff around that isn't theirs with no regard to others feelings.

Was the fic mine to share?  No.  But I was just trying to be nice ... and look what happened.

*sigh*

It's just really frustrating when you go and help someone out, and then they go and stab you in the back.  It's like if you loaned someone a book and then they have a friend who's all 'hey, can I borrow your book?'  And instead of your friend saying 'sorry, not my book to loan out' is all 'sure!'

Okay, so maybe that analogy isn't the best, but you get the idea.

I'll just sit here and try and drown my sorrows in emo Twific.

***UPDATE***  After offering the author my humble and abject apologies, things seem to be smoothed over.  I'm still mad as hell at the situation, but at least the author knows that I never intended for anything like this to happen.  *sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment