Monday, February 22, 2010

Dance for Two - Chapter One Photo Inspiration

I've had a few people ask for me to post pictures of what Bella and others were wearing during certain scenes and chapters, so I decided I'd follow others and post the pics here on my blog.

In the first chapter of Dance for Two, Bella is wearing this for her audition:





Bella dances to Etta James' "At Last" - I used to work at a community theatre at our local community college, and we hosted the Washington (D. C.) Ballet every spring and summer, and one year, Twyla Tharpe was their guest choreographer.  She choreographed a gorgeous set of nine songs by Etta James, and one of the songs was, of course, "At Last," danced by a single female dancer.  I've looked on YouTube and other places to see if there is any footage of this around, but unfortunately, I have been unable to find it (if it even exists).  But, here's a link to Ms. James singing "At Last":  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADDigK8LwyE .

I also chose to have Bella attend and be part of Ballet Chicago's corps de ballet; here's the link to their website:  http://www.balletchicago.org/studiooverview.asp .

I'll have the other chapter pictures and links up soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment